Plug in the Facebook 'like' button
Facebook is becoming responsible for a very special relationship that now exists between businesses and consumers. The social media site has become a valuable marketing tool and driver of website traffic through the invention of the famous ‘like’ button. Are you using social plugins/like buttons on your website? If the answer is no...check out these stats straight from the horse's mouth and perhaps you’ll reconsider the use of them on your site.
- The average media site integrated with Facebook has seen a 300% increase in referral traffic.
- Users coming to websites from Facebook spend 85% more time, read 90% more articles and watch 85% more videos than a non-connected user.
- Levi's saw a 40 times increase in referral traffic from Facebook after implementing the Like button in April 2010 and has maintained those levels since.
- American Eagle added the Like button next to every product on their site and found Facebook referred visitors spent an average of 57% more money than non-Facebook referred visitors
For a very simple guide on how to integrate the 'like' button on your website just follow this link - http://developers.facebook.com/docs/reference/plugins/like/
Now it’s all very well saying that you need to include social media plugins such as the ‘like’ button on your website. However, you need to build the following and ‘likers’ on your facebook page in the first place. Here are some suggestions for your business page that might get the likes rolling in and in return – traffic flowing to your website.
- Ask questions that encourage users to engage with you and ask for advice
- Incorporate gifts/freebies/news/competitions that are exclusive to your facebook fans (polls, coupons, etc.)
- Incorporate relevant photos and videos that will encourage viewers to comment/interact
- Beautify your page with some very basic html coding
- Be sure to include links in your posts that people will want to click on and read more about
Are there are any other tried and tested ideas out there that have proved successful with Facebook fans?
If you need any help with your Facebook page – contact us on 01628 634066
For more social media marketing tips and advice – why not subscribe to our blog .
Enjoy the post… Vikki
Vikki Mills is Social Media and Marketing Executive at Carvill Creative – the online visibility experts. A digital marketing and design agency based in Maidenhead, Berkshire. The agency covers all aspects of online visibility – covering social media marketing and social media training, user focused website planning and conversion focused website design.
For marketing and social media advice – view the Carvill Creative Blog