Facebook statistics that will convert you for life
Social Media – how long do we think it’s going to be before we drop the social and it just becomes known as media? Will social media marketing become known as plain old marketing? Will there be such a thing as traditional marketing, or will it have been phased about by social media therefore making this distinction between social media marketing and traditional marketing rather redundant? To some people this idea is perfectly plausible yet to others it may seem like madness.
Social Media is taking the world by storm, one platform at a time, and to ignore it would be foolish.
We are often posed the question - ‘Will Twitter really exist in ten years time? Or will be it a laughable fad that everyone reminisces about?’
Our answer is usually this – ‘Yes, it may be become a thing of the past but this will only be because we’ve moved on to a more sophisticated or powerful version of Twitter/Facebook etc. If you don’t learn how to use and leverage these tools now then you won’t keep up and you’ll never catch up.
Take a look at the following facts from Hubspot and you may find yourself either converted or further confirmed about the merits of social media and in this case, particularly Facebook.
- One out of every eight minutes online is spent on Facebook
- The average Facebook user spends more than 11 hours per month on Facebook.
- Facebook is overtaking Yahoo and Google with the amount of time spent online
- Facebook has become the number one social media platform choice for social interaction
- Facebook has become the preferred way to share content online, second only to email
- The average number of likes per post on a brand's Facebook page is 54. The average number of comments per post is 9
- More than half of B2B marketers agree that Facebook is a beneficial marketing tool
- More than half of small businesses agree that Facebook has helped their businesses in one way or another
- More than 1/3 of marketers say Facebook is ‘critical’ or ‘important’ to their business.
- 67% of B2C and 41% of B2B companies that use Facebook for marketing have acquired a customer through this channel.
- The number of marketers who say Facebook is critical or important to their business has increased 83% in two years.
With these stats in front of you it’s tempting to set up a Facebook page. Go and do it now at www.facebook.com and if you need any help or advice take a look at our social media services page on our website
For more social media marketing tips and advice – why not subscribe to our blog .
Enjoy the post… Vikki
Vikki Mills is Social Media and Marketing Executive at Carvill Creative – the online visibility experts. A digital marketing and design agency based in Maidenhead, Berkshire. The agency covers all aspects of online visibility – covering social media marketing and social media training, user focused website planning and conversion focused website design.
For marketing and social media advice – view the Carvill Creative Blog