Feeding a LinkedIn page onto a Facebook business page
Customising your Facebook business page takes time and understanding – in order to give your fans the most value possible from your business page it’s important to keep your applications updated and functioning. In case you don’t even know where your apps can be found– they run down the left hand side of your business page and usually have tabs for your wall, friend activity, photos and videos.
If you want to take an easy first step into customising your companies Facebook profile then adding the LinkedIn application to your company page is a good place to start – it’s easy to configure, looks great and encourages activity on LinkedIn.
Facebook have changed the app now so it is only available for business pages and not personal profiles – you can either have you LinkedIn personal profile running through - to encourage contacts, referrals/recommendations or have your company page connected.
You can view ours here https://www.facebook.com/CarvillCreative?sk=app_6394109615 -
We have chosen to feed through our LinkedIn company page as it provides detailed information about our business and is more relevant to our Carvill Creative Facebook business page than a personal profile would be.
In order to connect the LinkedIn app you must have admin privileges for the business page you wish to connect it to.
To get started in configuring your app go to - https://www.facebook.com/apps/application.php?id=639410961
- Next - Go the left hand side of the page and underneath monthly active users you should see the option to ‘add to my page’
- Choose which page you wish to add it to and you should then see confirmation that it has been added to your page
- Next choose to use Face book as the business page you have just added the app to and then go to ‘edit my page’ and choose ‘Apps’
- You should see ‘My LinkedIn Profile’ in the list of applications, click ‘edit settings’ and under ‘Tab Available’ click add and then okay.
- Next click ‘go to app’ under ‘My LinkedIn profile’ – don’t worry if Facebook asks you to switch back to using it as your personal profile, it’s still configuring it to your business page
- You should now be on the application configuring page and have the option to enter your LinkedIn personal profile or company profile (depending on what you want the application to be linked up to) – just simply enter the URL and then click save.
- You should now see the app appear on your chosen Business page down the left hand side with all your other app tabs.
For more social media marketing tips and advice – why not subscribe to our blog .
Carvill Creative – the online visibility experts. A digital marketing agency based in Maidenhead, Berkshire. Carvill Creative covers all aspects of online visibility – website effectiveness, social media marketing, social media management and social media training, user focused website planning and conversion focused website design.
Passionate about Online Visibility - creating an integrated approach across websites, blogs and social media platforms.