Another Facebook Privacy Tip for You...
You may have noticed - due to some regular and shameful Facebook stalking -that you can see pictures on other people’s profiles/business pages that you couldn’t see before.
It has been brought to our attention that many people are wondering why and how this can be controlled.
This is because the default privacy settings on Facebook have changed, giving you the choice to make your photos visible to everyone, friends of friends or just friends.
Do not be alarmed as this is completely in your control and can be managed through the following steps
To edit the privacy settings for photo albums you've posted:
- Go to your profile and click on the Photos section
- Click See All (next to photos and videos
- Use the tiny right box underneath each album that has a small arrow in it
- Choose whether you want the album to be:
- Public (the little globe)
- Visible to friends only (the shadow of a person)
- Customised (allowing you to select exactly who you want to see it – the cog)
When posting your own photo album with your photos in it – this is, of course, all down to you. However we thought we would shed some light on a few things you can’t control.
- The privacy setting for your Cover Photos album will always be public.
- If there's a photo of you in an album that someone else posted, only the person who posted it can change the album privacy. If you don't like the photo, you can remove the tag or report it if needs be.
- If you share a high resolution photo or album with someone, that person will be able to download those photos.
However – do remember that:
- Unlike other photo albums you create, you can choose an audience for individual photos in your Wall Photos and Mobile Uploads albums. Each time you post a new photo, it’s up to you who sees that photo - you can control this using the same method as above.
Carvill Creative – the online visibility experts. A digital marketing agency based in Maidenhead, Berkshire. Carvill Creative covers all aspects of online visibility – website effectiveness, social media marketing, social media management and social media training, user focused website planning and conversion focused website design.
Passionate about Online Visibility - creating an integrated approach across websites, blogs and social media platforms.